Tier 2 Behavior Interventions
We are now offering a half-day Tier 2 Behavior Interventions training every other Monday. The purpose of Tier 2 behavioral interventions is to serve the 10-20% of students who continue to exhibit behavior challenges while experiencing the supports within Tier 1. The goal of Tier 2 interventions is to reverse or reduce behavior challenges in order to prevent harm or a trajectory towards negative life outcomes.
- Please obtain your site administrator's approval prior to registering for these trainings.
- Trainings will be held from 1pm to 4pm in Room 18 at the Office of Pupil Services located on 727 Golden Gate Avenue.
- If this is beyond your contracted work hours, we can compensate you with your own Prop A PD hours if you still have them available. Prop A forms will be available. There is limited funding available to pay extended hours to staff who do not have Prop A PD hours, Site administrators should contact Thomas Graven to pre-approve such hours.
- There is only 2-hour or metered street parking available. Please take public transportation and/or carpool if possible.
- No substitute coverage will be provided for this training.
The Tier 2 Behavior Interventions training will cover the intervention selection and planning process and review six options for Tier 2 interventions. Participants will receive resources, such as a handbook and intervention tools to both set up Tier 2 interventions and train staff at their site.
This training is for staff who are coordinating Tier 2 interventions at their site, such as administrators, social workers, counselors, teachers and family liaisons. Attendees should have a foundational understanding of Tier 1 practices.
Training Will Cover:
- Intervention Selection and Planning Process
- Student Nomination
- Tier 1 Reflection
- Data Collection
- Hypothesizing a Function of Behavior
- Intervention Selection
- Planning the Intervention
- Progress Monitoring
- Tier 2 Interventions
- Check In Check Out
- School Home Note
- Self Monitoring
- Behavior Contract
- Class Pass
- Positive Peer Reporting